Social media marketing is a powerful way for businesses of all sizes to reach prospects and customers. Your customers are already interacting with brands through social media. Great marketing on social media can bring remarkable success to your business, creating devoted brand advocates and even driving leads and sales.
Let’s start with some statistics, this will help you with information on the impact Social Media creates on our day to day life,
- As of Q1 2020, there are 2.6 billion monthly active Facebook users.
- More than 100 million people use Facebook Watch every day.
- There are over 280 million Facebook users in India making it the top country in terms of Facebook audience size.
- Facebook is the primary content distribution channel for marketers today.
- 18% of marketers currently use Facebook Groups.
- Roughly 36% of Americans get their news from Facebook regularly.
- In April 2020, over 98% of Facebook’s active user accounts worldwide accessed the social network via any kind of mobile phone.
- 79% of video marketers use Facebook as a video marketing channel.
- As of April 2020, LinkedIn’s number of users in the U.S. reached 160 million, making it the country with the most users in the world.
- As of January 2020, LinkedIn had an addressable ad audience reach of 88% in Iceland, making it the country with the greatest rate of reach for the platform.
- According to a 2020 survey, 43% of LinkedIn’s audience members were female and 57% were male.
- In 2019, LinkedIn in Mail was the third most-used candidate outreach channel globally, behind email and phone/ text.
- 66% of video marketers in a 2019 survey said they would include LinkedIn in their 2020 video marketing strategy.
- LinkedIn is the second-most popular social media platform used by B2B marketers, ranking only behind Facebook.
- As of April 2020, 35% of global Instagram audiences were between the ages of 25 and 34.
- Instagram is the social channel with the second-highest ROI among marketers.
- Over two-thirds of total Instagram audiences are 34-years-old or younger, as of April of 2020.
- IGTV, an app for long-form, vertical video on Instagram, allows users to share live video content between 15 and 16 minutes long
- 28% of video marketers plan to include Instagram in their 2020 video marketing strategy.
- In 2023, Instagram is projected to reach 120.3 million monthly active users in the U.S., up from 107.2 million users in 2019.
- Women accounted for 56.4% of Instagram users in the U.S. as of February 2020.
- The U.S. is the country with the most Instagram users, reaching 120 million users as of April 2020. India was ranked second and Brazil third.
- As of January 2021, Pinterest has 459 million global active users every month.
- The number of Pinterest users in the U.S. is expected to reach 90.1 million.
- During a survey, 25% of responding social media marketers at B2B companies stated they used Pinterest to market their businesses.
- During a survey, 30% of responding social media marketers at B2C companies stated they used Pinterest to market their businesses.
- Women make up more than 60% of Pinterest’s global audience.
- 97% of top searches on Pinterest are unbranded.
- As of Q1 2020, Snapchat had 229 million daily active users globally, up from 190 million in Q1 2019.
- In the U.S., Snapchat has an estimated 46 million monthly active users.
- As of Q3 2019, 53% of U.S. internet users between the ages of 15 and 25 use Snapchat.
- Snapchat offers six different advertisement formats on the platform.
- As of April 2020, the U.S. had the biggest Snapchat user base in the world, with an audience of almost 103 million users. India ranked in second place with a Snapchat audience base of 28.2 million users.
- The majority of Snapchat visits by users are generated via mobile phones.
- According to a survey during the Q3 2019, 48% of Snapchat users in the U.S.shared content to the social platform on a weekly basis.
- The number of global daily active users on Twitter is 166 million.
- Twitter is among the top three social channels used by marketers with the highest ROI.
- Globally, the U.S. is the country with the most Twitter users, followed by Japan and Russia.
- Twitter generated 87% of its revenue through advertising services in 2019.
- The largest U.S. Twitter audience by age group, as of September 2018, is tied between 25-34 and 55-64 year-olds.
- 38% of video marketers plan to include Twitter in their 2020 video marketing strategy.
Social Media Management:
- As of 2019, 69% of social media marketers said they’d increase their use of Instagram in the future.
- Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter lead the pack as the most common social media platforms used by marketers.
- Social listening is the number one tactic used by marketers.
- Increased exposure is the most commonly cited advantage of using social media for marketing purposes among global industry professionals.
- Improved traffic, lead generation, and growing fan loyalty are among the top reasons why marketers see value in employing social networks in their campaigns.
- The most common publishing cadence for social media marketers is three-to-four times per week.
- More than half of all businesses (60%) are planning to increase their Instagram budget, and almost half are planning to do the same for Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- 73% of all marketers rank “increased acquisition of new customers” as their top outcome for social in 2021
- 66% of marketers say social listening has increased in value for their organization over the past 12 months
- 45% of marketers cited “drive conversions” as a key business outcome for social in 2021.
Are you thinking, these stats are all great, but how does these impact business outcomes?
The impact of social media on businesses, both positive and negative, is immense.
Do you agree? 90% of businesses agree to this.
Whether you are a start-up, a small business, an online store or an enterprise social media is vital for your business marketing strategy.
Ambassador says 71% of consumers who have had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others. This shows the importance of social media in businesses. In order to maintain a competitive pace, businesses are bound to leverage popular social media platforms.
Social platforms help you connect with your customers, boost brand awareness, and increase your leads and sales. With more than three billion people across the globe using social media, it’s no passing trend.
Need guidance on the right and effective social media strategies for your business? Reach out to us here.