Search engine optimization, or SEO and Search engine marketing or SEM allows your target audience to search for and find information about your brand and your competitors online. SEO and SEM strategies in your marketing efforts will increase your website’s visibility, rankings, establish a powerful digital presence and aid in quality lead generation.
Let’s start with some statistics, this will help you with information on the impact SEO and SEM creates on our day to day life.
Search Engine Optimization;
- SEO drives 1000%+ more traffic than organic social media. (BrightEdge, 2019)
- In 2020, SEO reports will tie initiatives to outcomes, such as showing the impact of SEO on broader business goals. (HubSpot, 2020)
- 49% of users say they use Google to discover or find a new item or (Think with Google, 2019)
- More than half (50.33%) of searches on Google now end without a click on a (Jumpshot via Sparktoro, 2019)
- As of June 2019, 94% of internet searches happen on a Google (Jumpshot via Sparktoro, 2019)
- Google uses 810 unique SERP Of those, 161 are found on more than 0.2% of keywords. (seoClarity, 2020)
- The average CTR from image results on Google is 21%, but it varies widely by industry. (seoClarity, 2020)
- 60% of smartphone users have contacted a business directly using the search results such as the “click to call” option. (Think with Google, 2019)
Search Engine Marketing;
- 17% of marketers use landing page A/B tests to improve conversion rates. (HubSpot, 2020)
- The first five seconds of page-load time have the highest impact on conversion Website conversion rates drop by an average of 4.42% with each additional second of load time. (Portent, 2019)
- In a survey conducted by Databox, 70% of respondents said that SEO is better than PPC for generating sales. (Databox, 2019).
- Landing pages, the least popular type of signup form, have the highest conversion rate (24%). On the other hand, pop ups, the most popular signup form, have the second-lowest conversion rate (4%). (Omnisend, 2019).
So, how does this impact businesses around the globe?
Statistics show that an average of 14.6% close rate is achieved from SEO leads, compared to 1.7% from outbound ones. SEO leads are customers who have done online research with specific requirements and purpose in mind and came to your product or service. This makes them marketing-qualified leads (MQL) or even sales-qualified leads (SQL) and results in higher conversion rates.
On the other hand, paid advertising has a cost associated with it. Examples of paid advertising include Pay-Per-Click, online partnerships to name a few. Businesses go for paid ads as it yields faster results, aids ease of retargeting and ultimately has a 200% ROI according to a report by Tech Jury, 2020.
In conclusion, SEO and SEM plays a vital role in today’s business world. Both impact the way buyers search, gather information, understand and reach out for solutions. The search engine and its attributes also make the process of lead search and quality lead generation much more simpler, niched and effective for businesses trying to achieve more visibility and scale up their sales.
Phew! That’s a lot of information. We made it as starightforwad and easily readable as possible. If you still have any doubts on how SEO and SEM can help your business. Reach out to us here.