Web design encompasses a multitude of variables including layout, content, graphics, search engine optimization and conversion rate optimization. While web design is a significant and critical component of your promotional efforts, many businesses forget that it’s just one part of an overall digital marketing plan and should be consistent in look, feel and purpose with your other marketing efforts.
Let’s start with some statistics, this will help you with information on the impact Web Design creates on our day to day life.
- 75% of people base the credibility of a business on how their website looks.
- 94% of people say web design is the reason they mistrust a website.
- First impressions are also 94% design-related.
- It takes about 50 milliseconds for visitors to form an opinion on your website.
- 60% of shoppers say website usability is important for them.
- 44% of website visitors will leave a company’s website if there’s no contact information.
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual.
- 6% of people say the visual dimension is the #1 factor affecting their purchase.
- 70% of small business websites don’t have a call to action
- Just 1% of website visitors use sliders or carousels.
- Smartphones held a 63% share of all business website visits.
- 50% of total eCommerce revenue comes from mobile
- 25% consumers would stop engaging with content that doesn’t display well on their device.
- 40% of people will switch to a different search result if the first one is not mobile-friendly.
- 57% of internet users won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile website.
- 83% of visitors expect a web page to load in less than 3 seconds.
- 44% of visitors will develop a negative image of companies with a slow-loading websites.
- 39% of people will stop engaging with a website if images take too long to load.
- An increase in site speed from 8 to 2 seconds can boost your conversion rate by 74%.
- Slow-loading websites cost retailers $2.6 billion in lost sales each year.
- It can cost up to (and over) $100,000 for a professional website design.
- 28% of small businesses spend less than $500 on a website.
- Weebly holds 18.73% of the website builder market share in the U.S.
- Routine website maintenance ranges from $35 to $5,000 per month.
How does this impact business around the globe?
In today’s Era, having a website is very important for any business. Everyone wants everything at their fingertips today. In this situation, website design enables possibilities. like never before. A website reflects the business to the customer. As you can see, website design is always changing and growing. Some of the elements that were popular years ago (such as image sliders) are going out of fashion—and it’s tough to predict what websites will look like towards.
Regardless of the “best practices” followed, remember that a website isn’t “done” after the first design. People assign more credibility to sites that show they have been recently updated or reviewed.