Website maintenance is the process of checking to see whether your website is healthy and performing well. It’s about keeping up with security updates, fresh content, encouraging traffic growth, and making sure your website visitors are happy. Website maintenance services are an essential ingredient for engaging and retaining your customers, thus strengthening your SEO and Google rankings.
Let us dive into some statistics on web maintenance:
- 87% of websites have high or medium cyber security risks.
- 75% of websites are running outdated & vulnerable software.
- 68% of websites don’t have a data recovery plan.
- 77% of websites take more than 10s to load on mobile.
- 93% of the time first online experience begins with a search.
- 5 min to recover if you have a recovery plan.
- 93% of people say online reviews impact decision.
- 43% of attacks are targeted at small businesses
- 68% of websites don’t have a recovery plan in place
How does this impact business around the globe?
Your website is a significant asset that is required for the efficient operation of your business. Because the digital realm is always evolving, your website requires frequent upgrades and periodic maintenance to work all year optimally.
Customers are on the lookout for a business that they can trust. However, a poorly maintained website with many broken links, outdated content and dead pages is a customer’s repeller. They will get the impression that your business is irrelevant, old-fashioned, and insecure. So, if you want to present your business in a positive light and establish yourself as a secure and innovative company, regular upkeep is essential. Fix your broken links, produce new content, and redirect your old pages. Only by doing so, you’ll succeed at making a good impression and gaining your customers’ trust.