Content marketing’s basic purpose is to create and share content about your related service and product that people can know about your business. Businesses use it to attract attention and generate leads, expand their customer base, generate or increase online sales, increase brand awareness or credibility, and engage an online community of users.
Let’s start with some statistics, this will help you with information on the impact Content marketing creates on our day to day life.
- 70% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing.
- 78% of companies have a team of one-to-three content specialists.
- Web traffic is among the top two most-common measurements of success for content marketing strategies.
- The most common measurement of success for content marketing programs is Total Sales.
- 24% of marketers planned on increasing their investment in content marketing in 2020.
- Marketers today create content for multiple audience segments — marketing to three audience segments is most common.
- Nearly 40% of marketers say content marketing is a very important part of their overall marketing strategy.
- ”Content Marketing Strategy” is the most searched query related to content marketing.
- 77% of companies say they have a content marketing strategy.
- 94% of marketers use social media for content distribution.
- As of 2019, a survey of bloggers found that 32% of respondents always checked the analytics of their blog posts.
- WordPress users produce about 70 million new posts and 77 million new comments each month.
- Blogs are among the primary three forms of media used in content strategies today.
- 89% of content marketers used blog posts in their content creation strategy in 2020.
- 18% of marketers choose WordPress as their website content management system (CMS).
- Marketing spend is expected to grow by 14% in 2021.
- 83% of traffic to marketing blogs comes from desktops.
- Search is the number one traffic source to blogs across all industries.
- In the marketing industry, the top-performing articles are over 5,700 words in length.
- Articles that are >3,000 words get 3x more traffic, 4x more shares, and 3.5x more backlinks than shorter articles.)
- Listicles get 2x more shares than other blog post formats.
- 51% of companies say updating old content has proven the most efficient tactic implemented.
- The majority of companies (67%) use organic traffic to measure their content success.
- 86% of companies produce blog content compared to other formats.
How does Content Marketing impact business around the globe?
Following are the reasons businesses do content marketing,
- Improves brand reputation.
- Helps influence conversions.
- Helps improve your SEO efforts.
- A cost-effective way to bring in new leads.
- Showcase your subject matter expertise.
- Build relationships with customers.
- Set yourself apart from competitors.
- Important during each step of the marketing funnel.
- Support nearly every other digital marketing strategy.