Graphic design is a process where professionals create visual content to communicate messages. It continues to cover a range of activities including logo creation. Graphic design in this sense concerns aesthetic appeal and marketing. Graphic designers attract viewers using images, color and typography. However, graphic designers working in user experience (UX) design must justify stylistic choices regarding, say, image locations and font with a human-centered approach.
Statistics on how graphics plays in the industries:
- The global graphic designer’s industry is ranked #9 among all business activities
- There are more than 400,258 businesses working in graphic design as of 2020
- 68% of digital marketers use visual assets in content creation.
- People can remember 65% of visual information 3 days later, and only 10% of written content.
- 80% of digital marketers use graphic design in social media marketing.
- 36% of digital marketers say they use online tools to create content.
- Globally graphic design was worth $45.8 billion in 2021.
- The average graphic designer earns around $53,380 per year.
- 94% of first impressions are design-related.
- Around 67% of small businesses would spend up to $500 on a logo.
- Human brains process visual data 60,000 times faster.
- People spend around 6.4 seconds focused on a brand logo when visiting a website.
- The cost of graphic design is huge concern for small businesses.
- 73% of companies invest in design for brand differentiation.
- It takes customers 50 milliseconds to decide if they’re going to stay on your site.
- Colour has a significant impact on the success of a design.
- 52% of marketers consider visuals to be extremely important to their content marketing strategy.
- Infographics and videos are some of the most popular forms of visual content.
- 84% of customers agree that promotional videos have convinced them to buy something.
- 67% of companies are using infographic production today. Video is also popular among 71% of companies, and blog posts and short articles (with visuals) are essential, with 89% usage.
- Hootsuite found that 55.6% of the average Facebook posts created each day are photo content. Another 22% of the daily stream of content belongs to video.
- 6% of people say the visual dimension is the number one influencing factor affecting purchasing decisions.
- Infographic also found around 46% of website visitors attribute website design to the credibility of a business or company.
How does Graphic design impact business around the globe?
If you look around, you could easily spot an exciting design beaming at you, be it a beverage can on your desk or a book on the coffee table, or perhaps, a billboard across the street. However, its online presence is far more prominent, as most of the websites today are being conceived on a thoughtful design, and some can even leave us fascinated.
Businesses have already realized the positive impact of a smart design on the consumers, which can go a long way in transforming the brand into a success story. An ideal design would not just help brands in guiding their audience to interpret a product in a better way, but even make them realize its value, which in turn promotes brand loyalty. A decision to invest significantly in graphic design, therefore, shouldn’t make the organizations think twice.