WhatsApp is a mobile application that allows you to send messages, make a video call and call without any cost but you must have internet connectivity. This is the most used messenger app. WhatsApp Marketing refers to the practice of using the free messenger app as an advertising tool. This type of marketing is new, but its popularity is growing day by day, as more marketers and consumers are engaging via WhatsApp.
- There are over 2 billion WhatsApp monthly active users.
- The number of WhatsApp users makes the platform the third most popular social network worldwide.
- WhatsApp is the most popular mobile messaging app worldwide.
- About 100 billion messages are sent daily on WhatsApp.
- There’s a website for finding WhatsApp groups by category.
- WhatsApp usage was boosted by 40% or more in March 2020.
WhatsApp Business Statistics:
- WhatsApp Business was launched in 2018.
- There are over 50 million WhatsApp Business users, WhatsApp facts show.
- There are over 8 million business catalogue on WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp has now enabled a payment feature.
- WhatsApp was founded in 2009 by Brian Acton and Jan Koum, former Yahoo! employees.
- In 2013, WhatsApp was valued at $1.5 billion.
- Google made an offer to acquire WhatsApp before Facebook did.
- Facebook acquired WhatsApp for nearly $20 billion.
- WhatsApp lost millions of users in 2021.
- WhatsApp owner’s share price was over $300 as of mid-April 2021.
- Nearly a quarter of US adults use WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp is more popular among male users, WhatsApp statistics show.
- WhatsApp has the highest penetration rate among internet users aged 26-35.
- WhatsApp is banned or restricted in 6 countries.
- Almost all social media users in Mexico are on WhatsApp.
- In the UK, WhatsApp is the least popular among those aged 56+.
- Almost three-quarters of UK users access WhatsApp daily, according to WhatsApp statistics.
- WhatsApp’s popularity in Germany is far above average.
- WhatsApp is the most popular app in Finland for all age groups.
- There are close to half a billion WhatsApp users in India.
- Almost everyone who uses messenger apps in Brazil is on WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp was the 2nd most downloaded app worldwide in 2020.
- WhatsApp is available in 60 languages.
- Regular WhatsApp groups allow over 250 people in a group chat.
- Users can recover accidentally deleted messages on WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp allows sending documents of up to 100MB.
- The Status feature allows 24-hour updates.
- Audio and video calls have been available on desktop apps since March 2021.
How does WhatsApp Marketing impact business around the globe?
WhatsApp Messenger app is available for android and iOS versions. WhatsApp is free, available in 53 languages, currently used by 109 countries, and more than 70% of WhatsApp users use it on a daily basis. Your target audiences, whom you want to convince via WhatsApp Marketing, are already there in WhatsApp. More than 90% of the WhatsApp messages are opened and read, so it ensures great engagement.
WhatsApp allows creating WhatsApp groups with more than 256 members. So it is a great chance for any business. It’s a great opportunity for business events too. WhatsApp for marketing allows marketers to share your business news, proposals ad promotions in a few seconds. It supports multimedia content so you can share videos, brochures, audios, links, catalogues, and any kind of business-related information through WhatsApp chat.
WhatsApp marketing allows businesses real-time one-to-one communication with target audiences, employees, or clients. it’s a great opportunity to know more about audiences’ interests and concerns. WhatsApp marketing platform is now the most preferable marketing option for marketers because of its private channel for content and message sharing options.